Lehigh County office seeking nominations
The Lehigh County Office of Aging & Adult Services is accepting nominations for its 2019 Unsung Heroes Program. The program is part of Older Americans Month, which is celebrated in May.
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Must be at least 60 years of age
• Must be a Lehigh County resident
• Achievements, accomplishments or service must be performed on a volunteer basis
• Have performed outstanding contributions or services that promoted, enhanced and enriched the quality of life for others
• Must be available to attend the Unsung Heroes celebration May 15
The Unsung Heroes Program is meant to celebrate Lehigh County’s 60-and-over population for their generosity and selfless contribution of their time and talent in service to improving the lives of others.
Nomination forms are available on Lehigh County’s Aging and Adult Services page, lehighcounty.org/Departments/Human-Services/Aging-and-Adult-Services.
Nominations must be received by March 8.
The Unsung Heroes celebration will be held 1 p.m. May 15 at the Zentz Community Center, Fellowship Hall, 3000 Fellowship Drive, Whitehall.