COVID-19: LVHN updates policy about accompanying outpatients
Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) continues to take unprecedented, temporary measures to keep our staff and patients safe during the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic.
Visitors are not permitted to accompany patients undergoing outpatient infusion or radiation oncology treatments except under these circumstances:
- If the patient requires assistance getting to the registration area, someone may escort the patient. Staff will then take the patient to receive treatment.
- If the patient has an extreme medical condition and-or cannot be left alone, a visitor may accompany staff.
Those driving patients to receive treatment are encouraged to either go home or wait in their car. The driver is to make sure the person being dropped off has the driver’s phone number. The driver will be contacted when the patient’s treatment is completed.
The new policy went into effect March 20 at:
- Cancer Center at LVH - Muhlenberg
- Dale and Frances Hughes Cancer Center at LVH - Pocono
- John and Dorothy Morgan Cancer Center at LVH - Cedar Crest
- LVHN Cancer Center - Hazleton
- LVPG Hematology Oncology - Bangor
- LVPG Hematology Oncology - East Norwegian Street
- LVPG Hematology Oncology - Lehighton
Information: including for people with COVID-19 and links to LVHN COVID-19 Assess and Test locations: www.LVHN.org/covid19