North Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Officers responded to a burglar alarm in the 1200 block of Fifth Street.
· Police investigated a complaint about weeds in the 1000 block of Fourth Street.
· Officers assisted the Catasauqua Police Department in the 200 block of Mulberry Street.
· Officers assisted EMS in the 1400 block of Main Street.
· Officers assisted the Catasauqua Police Department in the 200 block of Pine Street.
At a summer carnival or on a stop at the grocery store, I see an acquaintance across the lawn or down the aisle. I offer a warm smile and a "Hey, how are you?"
A friendly conversation ensues and all the while I am frantically trying to remember the person's name and sometimes even how I met her.
If I am lucky, she will steer the conversation in the direction of recalling a shared event or a mutual friend, helping me to recall where we met, but still, the name is often mystifyingly gone. It comes back to me on the drive home.
Whitehall police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Police were called to the 1000 block of Grape Street to investigate a disabled vehicle.
· Officers responded to a report of suspicious activity in the 3200 block of Parkview Drive.
· A report of criminal mischief brought police to Presidential Drive.
· Officers assisted EMS in the 1300 block of MacArthur Road.
· A report of a DUI brought police to the Wawa on MacArthur Road.
· A fire brought police to the 1200 block of Fourteenth Street.
An Allentown man has been charged with homicide in the July death of a 20-year-old Whitehall Township woman whose body was found in a wooded area in Salisbury Township
Jonathan Nunez, 20, of 253 E. Fairview St., Allentown, was charged Aug. 2 in the death of Kimberly Cardona, who was found the evening of July 5 near the road in the 2700 block of Lanze Lane, Salisbury Township.
Nunez was to be arraigned in Lehigh County Central Booking.
Backtrackers 4-H Horse & Pony Club members recently made mop ponies to exhibit at the 2012 Northampton County 4-H Fair on Aug. 10-12.
For more information about Backtrackers 4-H Horse & Pony Club, call Janice Martin at 610-837-7294. For more information about 4-H in general or this year's fair, call the Northampton County 4-H offices at 610-746-1970.
C.F. Martin & Co., Inc., Nazareth, largest producer of acoustic guitars in the United States, is giving away a Martin D-28 during the 29th annual Musikfest, Bethlehem.
As part of the contest, Martin Guitar is giving a private tour of the Martin Guitar Factory in Nazareth, and an opportunity to meet C.F. Martin & Co. Chairman and CEO Chris Martin IV, who will sign the brand-new D-28 guitar.
Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Police were called to the 100 block of Front Street to investigate a report of a disorderly juvenile.
· Officers responded to a report of a suspicious man in the 800 block of Chapel Street.
· A report of a loose dog brought police to the 600 block of Green Street.
· Police were called to the 1100 block of Howertown Road to investigate a motor vehicle crash.
· Officers assisted the North Catasauqua Police Department in the 1000 block of Lehigh Street.
If you live in the suburbs or if you have the opportunity to drive along country roads, I hope you take the time to enjoy the varieties of colors and species of wildflowers growing along the highways and byways.
Many of them are listed as invasive, but they tend to brighten up my travels from home to local destinations.