The League of Women Voters has a "Running for Local Office" handbook to assist potential candidates. Ballot petition circulation began Feb. 19. The information is specific to Lehigh and Northampton counties. For information, call 610-967-3653 or email email@example.com.
· Stations 36 and 37 responded to a waterflow alarm at the Riverside Business Center, Riser 3, 1139 Lehigh Ave., 12:30 a.m.
· Stations 36, 37 and 38 responded to a fire alarm at Red Lobster, 100 Lehigh Valley Mall, found to be a defective unit falling off of the ceiling in the electrical room, 3:53 p.m.
· Station 35 fire police assisted police with traffic control on Fullerton Avenue and the Route 22 eastbound ramp, 7:11 p.m.
Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Officers assisted EMS with a patient with chest pain in the in the 200 block of Front Street.
· A report of a suspicious phone call brought police to the 200 block of Wood Street for a citizen assist.
· A missing juvenile on probation brought officers to the 200 block of High Street.
· Police went to the 100 block of Bridge Street to assist a woman who had fallen.
Coplay Police were called Feb.22 to the 100 block of South Front Street for a report of vandalism.
Police said the license plate bracket had been broken off the parked 1994 Ford camper and a Duralast battery valued at $150 had been taken from the vehicle.
Police are investigating.
Police respond to disturbance
A disturbance Feb. 20 shortly after 9 p.m. brought police to a residence in the 100 block of South Front Street.
Leona C. Gomez, 78, died Feb. 18, 2013. She was the wife of Julius Gomez for 59 years.
Born in Allentown, she was a daughter of the late Rudolph and Anna (Farkas) Minar.
Maureen Kacmarcik, 86, formerly of Fullerton, died Feb. 13, 2013, in Gracedale, Upper Nazareth Township. She was the wife of the late John G. Kacmarcik
Born in Georgetown, British Guyana, she was a daughter of the late Marius and Eileen (Comach) Fernandes.
She was a longtime clerk at the former Two Guys from Harrison, Whitehall.
She was a member of St. Elizabeth of Hungary Catholic Church, Whitehall.
MacArthur Road was closed Tuesday from Eberhardt Road to Mechanicsville Road to allow police to perform a fatal accident reconstruction.
Two people were killed Saturday in the crash which took place at 6:09 p.m. at MacArthur and Eberhart roads in Whitehall.
Police have tentatively identified the victims as Whitehall residents Sharon Gonazalez-Medina, 41, and a 16-year-old juvenile. Both were in the same vehicle.
William "Tate" C. Bauer, 92, formerly of Allentown, died Feb. 18, 2013, at Valley Manor Nursing Home, Coopersburg. He was the husband of the late Mary (Sodl) Bauer.
Born in Coplay, he was a son of the late Frank and Julie (Rief) Bauer.
He was a sergeant in the U.S. Army during World War II.
He was a crane operator for the Bethlehem Steel Corporation for 41 years and retired in 1982.
He was a member of St. Peter's Catholic Church, Coplay.
David "Eggy" Krempasky, 51, of Walnutport, died Feb. 13, 2013, in Lehigh Valley Hospice, Allentown. He was the companion of Diane Farnya, with whom he resided.
Born in Allentown, he was a son of the late Francis J. and Elizabeth "Betty" A. Krempasky.
He was a concrete finisher for CC Inc. for the past nine years and, before that, for Northampton Concrete Forms.
He was of the Catholic faith.
He was a life member of the Alliance Fire Company, Northampton.