North Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
· A request for information brought police to the 1100 block of Third Street.
· Officers assisted the Coplay Police Department in the unit block of North Fifth Street.
· Officers assisted EMS in the 1200 block of American Street.
· Officers assisted the Coplay Police Department in the unit block of North Second Street.
· A report of a complaint brought police to the 1000 block of Howertown Road.
The Whitehall police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Officers responded to a noise complaint in the unit block of Maryland Circle.
· A report of truancy brought police to Whitehall High School, 3800 Mechanicsville Road.
· Police were called to the 100 block of Mickley Road to investigate a domestic call.
· A request for a protection-from-abuse order brought officers to the 900 block of Mickley Road.
· Police conducted a drug investigation in the 900 block of Pennsylvania Street.
Whitehall Police Chief Linda Kulp will speak at the next Whitehall Area Chamber of Commerce luncheon, set for Thursday, Nov. 8, at Fellowship Community.
The event begins at 11:45 a.m.
The chamber is also inviting area residents to stop by the new office and Visitors Center while out shopping this holiday season.
The office is located at 1457 MacArthur Road in the former Bixler Jewelers space. It is locatd in front of the Lehigh Valley Mall by Wendy's.
Photos of events that took place recently in the Whitehall-Coplay area.
The Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce's Women's Business Council (WBC) presented the Athena and Athena Young Professional Awards during its annual ATHENA Awards Luncheon Oct. 23 at Saucon Valley Country Club, Bethlehem.
The 2012 Athena Award was presented to Stephanie Hnatiw of Macungie. Hnatiw is Executive Director of the YWCA of Bethlehem.
The 2012 ATHENA Young Professional Award was presented to Michelle Chrin of Hellertown. Chrin is a Marketing Associate for Caruso Benefits Group, Inc.
The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Mid-Atlantic Chapter has presented the Mid-Atlantic Regional Emmy award for "Cosmo's World II: Water" in the Children-Youth-Teen Program or Special category to eMediaWorks.
Accepting the Emmy at the awards ceremony in Philadelphia was Teri Haddad, producer, eMediaWorks, along with Scott Paul, director, and Brandon Pousley, editor.
"Cinderella: Enchanted Edition," 7:30 p.m. Nov. 3; 4 p.m. Nov. 4, Stagemakers at the J, JCC of Allentown, 702 N. 22nd St., Allentown. allentownjcc.org, 610-435-3571
"Faust in France," adaptation by Christopher Shorr of Christopher Marlowe's "Doctor Faustus," Moravian College Theatre Company, 8 p.m. Nov. 1 - 3; 2 p.m. Nov. 4, Arena Theatre, Haupert Union Building, Moravian College, Bethlehem. moravian.edu/theatre, 610-861-1489, ext. 3
The 2012 Greater Lehigh Valley Filmmaker Festival (GLVFF) will be held Nov. 2 - 4 in Frank Banko Alehouse Cinemas, ArtsQuest Center, SteelStacks, Bethlehem.
Award winners will be announced the night of Nov. 4 in a ceremony at the Frank Banko Alehouse Cinemas.
The festival will present several awards to participating filmmakers including Best Feature, Best Short (15 - 50 min.), Best Short (less than 15 min.), Best Commercial-Viral Video, Best TV Pilot-Web Series, Best Documentary and Audience Award.
The Lehigh Valley Arts Council is presenting the second annual "Art for Everyone," 2 - 5 p.m. Nov. 4, suite adjacent to L.L. Bean, Promenade Shops at Saucon Valley, Center Valley Parkway, Upper Saucon Township.
Tom Hall Auctions will auction off more than 100 fine-art paintings and prints with the proceeds shared equally between the artists and the arts council. Thirty regional artists are represented, including Michael Sincavage, Kim Robertson, Vivian Fishbone, John Gaydos and Daniel Kainz.
Oct. 16, 1942, was the premiere of the ballet, "Rodeo," by Aaron Copland at the Metropolitan Opera House with dancer and choreographer Agnes de Mille and the Ballet Russe de Monte Carlo, a dance company that moved to the United States during World War II.