Coplay police are investigating the theft of approximately $1,317 worth of jewelry, along with personal items, from a residence in the 100 block of South Fifth Street.
The theft was reported to police on July 9. It was not known, according to police, when the incident took place.
Police said there were no signs of forced entry into the house.
Pool liner stolen
A resident of the unit block of North Fifth Street reported the theft of a pool liner.
The Whitehall Township Police Department assisted the Allentown Police Department with charging a Whitehall Township man with various drug offenses.
A scoreboard was recently donated to the Northampton Athletic Association by both the Coplay and Whitehall Giant Food Stores. Giant associates David Snyder, Alison Snyder, John Leitzell and Deb Thomas were on hand to present to Gary Winkle, NAA softball commissioner, and Jeremy Reph, baseball coach and fundraiser chairman, as well as boys and girls of the NAA. The NAA would like to thank Giant for the donation and what they do for the community.
The Coplay-Whitehall Sewer Authority meets at 7:30 p.m. in the public meeting room of the Coplay-Whitehall Sewer Authority, 3213 MacArthur Road.
Coplay Borough Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. at the borough municipal building, 98 S. Fourth St.
Whitehall-Coplay School board committee meetings – Education/Student Activities Committee 4 p.m.; Operations/Transportation Committee, 5:30 p.m.; Finance/Personnel committee, 6:45 p.m. Meetings are held in the WCSD Administration Building, 2940 MacArthur Road.
Caroline Dee Becker, 49, of Slatington, died July 10, 2013.
Born Nov. 30, 1963, in Allentown, she was the daughter of Karen A. (Wachter) Hahn of Bethlehem and the late Henry J. Becker.
She was the stepdaughter of Richard G. Hahn.
She was a bartender at American Legion Post 576 Social Hall and prior to that Woody's Bar and Grill, both in Allentown.
A homestyle bicycle tour has been set for the 2013 Valley Preferred Wheels for Hope event to raise funds for the fight against children's cancer.
The tour will take place Saturday, Sept. 14, starting and finishing at the Valley Preferred Cycling Center in Trexlertown.
William J. Deutsch, 80, died July 4, 2013. He was the husband of Ethel (Kutlik) Deutsch.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by a daughter, Deborah Hausman, and a granddaughter, Alexandra Elizabeth Hausman.
Arrangements were made by Brubaker Funeral Home Inc., Catasauqua.
Whitehall-Coplay Middle School has announced the names of students who have made the honor roll for the fourth quarter of the 2012-13 school year.
HIGH HONOR ROLL
Whitehall police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Officers assisted EMS in the 4400 block of Main Street.
· A report of a suspicious vehicle brought police to the 3300 block of South Front Street.
· Officers responded to a report of an unwanted person in the 1000 block of Fairmont Avenue.
· A report of a BB shot through a window brought police to the 400 block of Mickley Road.
· Officers were called to Suncrest Circle to investigate a report of a suspicious vehicle and two individuals walking down the street.
Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
· A report of a dispute brought officers to the 700 block of Poplar Street.
· Officers assisted EMS in the 500 block of North 14th Street.
· Police were called to the 400 block of Second Street to investigate a report of fraud.
· A report of a wanted person brought officers to the 100 block of Limestone Street.
· Police were called to the 100 block of Howertown Road to investigate a death.
· An alarm summoned officers to the unit block of Pineapple Street.