Robert A. Fulton, 74, of Allentown and formerly of Minesite, died Nov. 25, 2012, in Allentown.
Born in Allentown, he was a son of the late Arthur L. and Miriam (Moyer) Fulton.
He was a graduate of Allentown High School and Gettysburg College.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of the Vietnam War Era.
He retired from Pennsylvania Job Service, Easton, where he was a manager. He worked at Pillsbury as a production manager. He also worked at Bethlehem Steel Corporation.
He was a member of St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Church, Allentown.
The following students were named to the Honor Roll for the first marking period at Saint Elizabeth Regional School.
Eighth Grade: Mark Garger, Andrea Potylycki, Maria Tran
Sixth Grade: Alissa Le
Eighth Grade: Megan Stewart, Dillon West
Seventh Grade: Dariah Csuvay, Carly Sponsel, Mackenzie Lewis
Sixth Grade: Justin Kayal, Tristan Nguyen, Anthony Wilson
Fifth Grade: Alan Garger
Eighth Grade: Brielle Fiore, Rae Holtzman, Anthony Quiteles, Casey Scheuren
To the Editor:
Congratulations to the 130-pound Catty football team for winning the Colonial League championship.
What an accomplishment for a first-year head coach and his team of great assistants.
This is a team that did not even have enough kids to field a team last year and had fewer than 15 players this year.
The 130-pound team lost only one game all season, to Bangor (9-1).
They won the rest of their games, many by the mercy rule.
This team was quite exciting to watch, with 30 plus offensive plays and many defensive schemes.
Girl Scouts go skating.
Whitehall Township Commissioners will hold a workshop meeting at 7 p.m. at the municipal building, 3219 MacArthur Road.
Coplay Borough Council holds a workshop meeting at 7 p.m. at the municipal building, 98 S. Fourth St.
The Whitehall police responded to these and other calls recently.
· A report of an unwanted person brought officers to the 1200 block of Davies Drive.
· Police responded to a report of a stolen bicycle in the 900 block of Fairmont Avenue.
· Officers were called to North 12th Street to investigate a motor vehicle crash.
· Officers responded to a report of a motorist driving under the influence of alcohol on Seventh Street.
The 2011-12 legislative session wrapped up in November, and before we begin the new session Jan. 1, 2013, I think it is wise to take a look back and see what we have accomplished.
Of course, some years are more productive than others but, this past year, we have been able to make significant progress on several fronts that will help improve the business climate in Pennsylvania, increase safety and protection, and honor our military men and women.
Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Police responded to a report of suspicious activity in the 400 block of Race Street.
· A request for traffic signs brought officers to the 200 block of Second Street.
· A report of a dog running at large brought police to the 400 block of Walnut Street.
· Police responded to a motor vehicle crash on Pine Street.
· A request for a protection-from-abuse order brought officers to the 300 block of Race Street.