Mary Doncsecz, 80, of Coplay, died May 27, 2013, at Lehigh Valley Hospital, Cedar Crest. She was the wife of the late Frank G. Doncsecz.
Born in Northampton, she was a daughter of the late Constant and Nancy (Magerko) Wulchak.
She was a shipper for the former Daytimers Inc., East Texas. She was employed previously by the former Western Electric, Allentown.
She was a member of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary Ukrainian Orthodox Church, Northampton.
Thursday, May 30: Gockley–Breadstick dunkers, meat or plain sauce, mixed vegetables, banana, milk. Steckel, Zephyr–Breadstick dunkers, meat or plain sauce, or PB&J, mixed vegetables, banana, milk. M.S.–Breadstick dunkers, meat or plain sauce, or PB&J, mixed vegetables, banana, apple wedges, milk. H.S.–Breadstick dunkers, meat or plain sauce, salad plate, green beans, banana, apple wedges, milk.
Larry D. Gable, 65, of Northampton, died May 25, 2013, at home. He was the husband of Patricia M. (DeWalt) Gable for 45 years.
Born in Cherryville, he was a son of the late Russell and Margaret (Roberts) Gable.
He was in the U.S. Army during the Vietnam War.
He was a miller for ConAgra, Treichlers for 35 years, before retiring in 2008.
He was of the Lutheran faith.
To the Editor:
Catasauqua's FL-Smidth project concept was really simple.
We need a fire station. We need a police station. We need an emergency management station. We need a fire police station. We need a borough hall – and we need to put these services in the best location possible at an affordable price.
Catasauqua resident Linda Rothrock, far right, participates in the Lehigh Valley Take Steps for Crohn's & Colitis Walk May 11 at Cedar Park, Allentown, along with LeeAnne Waring, left, and 10-year-old Trinity Waring, both of Pen Argyl. The team, called Team Trinity, walked in honor of Trinity and to help raise money for Crohn's and Colitis research. They raised $1,885 through donations and from a spaghetti dinner held in March.
The Whitehall police responded to these and other calls recently.
· A report of a suspicious vehicle brought police to Wynrock Court.
· Officers responded to a report of a disturbance in the 2100 block of Fuller Street.
· A report of a motor vehicle crash brought police to MacArthur Road.
· Police were called to the 3110 block of South Sixth Street to investigate a report of identity theft.
· A report of a runaway brought officers to the 300 block of Oakwood Street.
John D. Rubino, 85, of Fullerton, died May 21, 2013, in Sacred Heart Hospital, Allentown. He was the husband of Dolores K. (West) Rubino for 54 years.
Born in Boston, Mass., he was a son of the late John and Millie (Giancola) Rubino.
He was a retired expediting manager for PPL.
He was a member of St. Elizabeth of Hungary Catholic Church, Whitehall.
He was a member of the Lehigh Valley Harmonizers and Brothers in Harmony barbershop choruses.
He was predeceased by a son, John F. Rubino.
· A motor vehicle accident with injuries reported at Fifth and Park Street with a car into a traffic light box, 4:33 p.m.
· Reported smoke in the basement at 224 Gallagher Road, found to be startup of basement heat, brought out Stations 36, 37 and 38, 12:59 p.m.
· An oil spill at Second and Grape streets brought out Stations 35 and 36, 3:24 p.m.
· Smoke coming through the walls at 733 Seventh St., found to be food on the stove next door, brought out Stations 35, 36, 37 and 38, 1:10 p.m.