The Whitehall police responded to these and other calls recently.
· A report of fraud brought officers to Madison Lane.
· Police responded to a report of a headstone found in the parking lot at Home Depot, 1350 MacArthur Road.
· A motor vehicle crash brought officers to MacArthur Road.
· Officers assisted EMS in the 1900 block of Presidential Drive.
· Police responded to a disturbance on Main Street.
· A report of a fire brought police to Jordan Drive.
Contractors John Shellock, left, and Carl Luckenbach work on the construction of a permanent stage for performers at the Coplay Parkway Pavilion. Construction of the stage, which measures 14 feet by 34 feet, is now complete with steps and railings. It will be painted black and be ready for Coplay Community Days, set for Aug. 22-25.
Sophie Kesserling and Richard Manganaro of North Eighth Street, Coplay, serve up hot dogs to Miguel Rodriguez and his son Abdiel, 12, of Whitehall, and Manny Barbosa, 11, of Bethlehem, during a July 27 fundraiser for the Susan B. Komen Breast Cancer Fund. The couple raised $60.50 selling hot dogs and soft drinks and contributed $39.50 of their own money to bring the total donation to $100.
Kathryn L. (Haas) Heiser, 85, of Whitehall, died Aug. 2, 2013, at Fellowship Manor, Whitehall. She was the wife of Forrest E. Heiser for 63 years.
Born in Fogelsville, she was a daughter of the late John and Erma (Fritizinger) Haas.
She was a graduate of Allentown High School and the former Allentown Hospital School of Nursing.
She was a registered nurse in the Lehigh Valley for 35 years.
She was a member of Fellowship Community Bible Fellowship Church, Whitehall.
She was a life member of the Allentown Hospital School of Nursing alumni association.
· Delaware, Lehigh & Susquehanna Model Railroad Club meeting – 7-9 p.m., Coplay Borough Hall, Fourth and Center streets. Information: Dick Lobach at 610-965-2598.
· Bingo – Doors open 5:30 p.m. Games start at 7 p.m., Petersville Rod and Gun Club, 550 Club Road, Moore Township. Information: 610-261-2210.
· Duplicate bridge, invitational – 12:30 p.m., Lehigh County Senior Citizens Center, 1633 Elm St., Allentown. For players with 0-199 master points. Information: 610-437-3700.
Bernice M. Kannuck-Milne, 80, of Florida and the Lehigh Valley, died July 30, 2013, in Allentown.
Services will be private.
Arrangements were made by Gilbert Funeral Home Inc., Whitehall.
James "Mr. Stat" D. Lindenmoyer, 65 of Northampton, died July 29, 2013, at Lehigh Valley Hospital–Muhlenberg, Bethlehem.
Born in Northampton, he was a son of the late Woodrow "Woody" and Harriet (Beers) Lindenmoyer.
He was a graduate of Northampton High School.
He was a sports writer for the Blue Mountain Gazette and the Northampton Press.
He was a member of St. Paul's United Church of Christ, Northampton.
Craig "Whitehead" V. Beltzner Jr., 69, of Northampton, died July 27, 2013, in his home.
He was a son of Craig Beltzner Sr. and Beatrice (Frack) Beltzner of Northampton.
He was a U.S. Marine veteran.
After retiring from LANTA in 2006, he was a part-time bus driver for the Parkland Area School District.
During the most recent heat wave, Nortampton Municipal Pool lifeguard Meghann Fiorvanti checks the pool's water temperature. With the air temperature in the high 90s, the water in the pool was between 72 and 74 degrees. The Northampton Borough Municipal Pool is open noon-7 p.m., weather permitting, through Aug. 16. The Coplay pool is open noon-7 p.m. through Aug. 25. Whitehall's three pools close Aug. 18 though an attempt will be made to keep one pool open longer, if possible. The Catasauqua pool has yet to set a final date for its pool season.