In last week's issue of The Press, a name was misspelled in the Cement Worker column. Michael Gerencser's fiancée is, in fact, Tracy Santangelo.
The following events are planned for upcoming dates by the Whitehall Area Chamber of Commerce.
· Wednesday, April 9– 7:30 a.m., Lehigh Valley Steel Authority/SEWN Manufacturing Breakfast, Best Western, Rt. 512, Bethlehem
· Thursday, April 10– 11:45 a.m., membership luncheon: A special interactive luncheon by the Lehigh Valley Zoo, Fellowship Community
· Friday, April 11– 10 a.m., Ambassador Committee Meeting, WACC office
· Wednesday, April 16– noon, Business Forum: "The What-Ifs of Taxes," presented by Attorney Scott Bartkus and Robert Blizard, CPA, WACC office
· Station 36 assisted police with fans at Mickley Run Apartments, 1050 Building, 3:34 a.m.
· Station 36 assisted Emergency Medical Services with lifting at 299 Delaware Avenue, 9:12 a.m.
· A motor vehicle accident with injuries at Pine and Lehigh streets brought out Stations 35 and 37, 1:37 p.m.
· Stations 35, 36, 37 and 38 responded to a waterflow alarm at Burlington Coat Factory, 2661 MacArthur Road (found that the system went from dry to wet), 5:55 p.m.
Thursday, April 3: Elem.–Chicken ring things, whole grain dinner roll or PB&J, carrots, banana, applesauce, milk. M.S.–Barbecue chicken sandwich or PB&J, sweet potatoes, orange, banana, milk. H.S.–Spicy chicken sandwich, sweet potatoes, celery sticks, orange, banana, milk.
Friday, April 4: Elem.–Cheese pizza, broccoli with cheese sauce, apple wedges, milk. M.S.–Cheese pizza, broccoli with dip, apple wedges, orange, milk. H.S.–Cheese pizza, broccoli with cheese sauce, carrots, apple wedges, orange, milk.
The Arts Academy Charter School congratulates 10 music instrumental students selected to represent the school and participate in the upcoming Pennsylvania Music Educators Association District 10 Band and Orchestra Festivals.
Students selected for the Intermediate Band and Orchestra Festival include, eighth-grade violinist Elisha Ramos, seventh-grade violinist Fianna Hertzog, eighth-grade trumpeter Stuart Raveling and seventh-grade flautist Stephanie Gombosi.
Whitehall High School presents the Broadway musical "South Pacific," in the WHS auditorium this week. Performances are 7:30 p.m. April 3, 4, 5 and 2 p.m. April 6.
Edith C. Yohn, 78, of Northampton, died March 11, 2014, in Cedarbrook– Fountain Hill.
She was a daughter of the late Harold and Helen (Danner) Yohn.
She worked at the former Lerner's Department Store, Northampton, for several years. She was a waitress in the Lehigh Valley for more than 30 years.
She was a member of Christ Lutheran Church, Saylorsburg.
She is survived by a sister, Nancy and her Husband Norton Eberts of Dallas, Pa.
Arrangements were made by Reichel Funeral Home Inc., Northampton.
Florence E. Sawicki, 99, of Northampton, died March 30, 2014, at Sacred Heart Senior Living. She was the wife of the late Ignatius Sawicki.
Born in Allentown, she was a daughter of the late Julius and Elsie (Goldschmidt) Bodisch.
She was a seamstress at various Lehigh Valley factories for many years.
She was a member of Sacred Heart of Jesus Sacred Church, Bath.
Victor A. Causerano Jr., 60, of Northampton, died March 16, 2014, at St. Luke's Hospital. He was the husband of the late Eileen Marie (Hoppes) Causerano for 31 years.
Born in Allentown, he was a son of the late Victor A. Sr. and Anna (Autodore) Causerano.
He was a 1971 graduate of Bishop Neuman High School, Philadelphia.
He was a night watchman at Gracedale Nursing Home for many years.
Deborah A. Kudla, 54, of Walnutport, died March 23, 2014, at home. She was the wife of Deacon Michael W. Kudla for 30 years.
Born in Allentown, she was a daughter of William and Igna (Lueck) Kantz of Allentown.
She was a Central Catholic High School and Sacred Heart Hospital School of Nursing graduate.
She was a labor and delivery registered nurse at St. Luke's Hospital, Bethlehem, for the past 28 years.
She was a member of St. Nicholas Catholic Church, Berlinsville, where she was a lector and eucharistic minister.