Hampton Lanes has canceled the March 21 third annual veterans benefit.
Grace United Church of Christ, 902 Lincoln Ave., is still holding its Lenten crabcake dinner 5-7 p.m. March 20, but it will be only take-out meals. No inside seating will be available.
The dinner includes a baked potato, coleslaw, roll and butter, dessert and a beverage. Chicken fingers will be available for adults and children.
As of press time, another dinner is planned for March 27.
For more information and cost, call 610-262-7186.
• Catasauqua Rotary Club organizational meeting, 5:30 p.m., at Taylor House Brewing Company, 76 Lehigh St., Catasauqua. Information: Denise Continenza at 610-391-9840
• Lenten crabcake dinner, 5-7 p.m., at Grace United Church of Christ, 902 Lincoln Ave., Northampton. Another dinner will be held March 27. Information and cost: 610-262-7186
• Ironton Rail Trail historical walk (approximately 7 miles), 9 a.m., at the barn of Whitehall Parkway, 4041 Chestnut St., Whitehall. Information: email@example.com
The Ironton Rail Trail Oversight Commission is meeting with Lehigh County officials to determine when the trail under the Coplay-Northampton Bridge will be paved.
The commission stated it had been promised such paving would take place in conjunction with the construction of the new bridge.
There are still some finishing touches to be performed by construction crews to finalize the bridge work.
There will also be a bronze plaque placed on the bridge commemorating the dates and names of those involved with the bridge project.
There will be a cash bingo 2 p.m. March 22 at the West Catasauqua Park building, 2301 Pine St.
Doors open 1 p.m.
There will be specials, a 50/25/25 raffle and gift card basket raffle.
Refreshments will be available for purchase.
All proceeds benefit the programs at the Whitehall Active Community Center.
For price and other information, contact either Chris at 610-820-0316 or Diane at 610-799-2644.
St. John’s United Church of Christ, 575 Grape St., is planning a gift card bingo March 27.
Doors open 6 p.m., and bingo starts 7 p.m.
Enjoy St. Patrick’s Day, which is celebrated March 17.
Whether you are Irish or not, best of luck for a great day and year.
Spring actually begins a bit early this year — 11:50 p.m. March 19.
According to the Farmer’s Almanac, this is the earliest spring we have had in more than a century.
We have the extra hour of daylight, and hopefully, we’re on our way to more pleasant and sunny days.
Best of luck to all local students who are participating in spring sports for the 2020 season.
Northampton Exchange Club will host a spring craft and vendor fair March 15 at Northampton Banquet and Event Center, 1601 Laubach Ave. The event runs 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
There will be more than 90 crafters and direct sales vendors, in addition to a large tricky tray raffle.
Admission and parking are free.
Food and beverages will be available for purchase.
Reminder: Grace United Church of Christ, 902 Lincoln Ave., will be holding Lenten crabcake dinners 5-7 p.m. March 13, 20 and 27.
The Friends of the Library group will meet 10 a.m. March 13. This is a group of volunteers who lend support to the library.
Anyone may join the FOL.
For more information, visit whitehallpl.org/support-us.
There will be a Teen Advisory Board meeting 1:30-3 p.m. March 14. TAB helps the library plan various events.
TAB is always looking for more members. Any Whitehall-Coplay Middle School or Whitehall High School student may attend. TAB meets once a month, year round.
The third Monday open mic and jam is set for 6:30-8 p.m. March 16.
Catasauqua Club, 226 Pine St., is holding its next all-you-can-eat breakfast 9 a.m.-noon March 15.
The breakfast includes made-to-order omelets and eggs Benedict.
For cost and other information, call 610-264-1771.
The Morning Glories of Holy Trinity Memorial Lutheran Church group will meet 10 a.m. March 16 at the church, 604 Fourth St.
Refreshments will be available.
For more information, call 610-264-2641.
• Bingo, 7 p.m. (doors open 5:30 p.m.), at Northampton Banquet and Event Center, 1601 Laubach Ave.
• Stitch and chat meeting, 5:30 p.m., at Northampton Area Public Library, 1615 Laubach Ave. Information: 610-262-7537
• Governor Wolf Historical Society meeting, 7 p.m., on the historical society grounds, 6600 Jacksonville Road, East Allen Township. Information: govwolf.org
• Cash bingo, 7 p.m. (doors open 5 p.m.), at Klecknersville Rangers Volunteer Fire Company, 2718 Mountain View Drive, Moore Township. Information and cost: 610-317-0808
APPRISE counselors from the State Health Insurance Assistance Program will be at the library 1 p.m. March 11 to do a presentation with current information on Medicare. They will also talk about Medicaid, Medigap, Medicare Advantage, long-term care insurance and prescription drug benefits.
A question-and-answer period will follow.
Registration is requested.
Call the library at 610-262-7351 if you have questions.
Don’t forget: Storytime with Miss Janice is held 11 a.m. Thursday mornings. Upcoming dates are March 5, 12, 19 and 26.