St. John’s United Church of Christ, 575 Grape St., will be holding special Lenten worship services 6:30 p.m. Wednesday nights in Fox Hall.
Join in for soup and bread — and sometimes dessert. The dates are March 20 and 27 and April 3 and 10.
For more information, call 610-264-8421.
St. Elizabeth of Hungary Roman Catholic Church, 618 Fullerton Ave., will be having a Lenten fish dinner 4-7 p.m. March 22 in the parish hall, featuring its own legendary cook, Deb Shuster.
Northampton Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4714, 1204 Main St., will hold a St. Patrick’s Day party with DJ PK 8 p.m. March 15.
For tickets and other information, call 610-262-3891.
Other planned activities include:
• Karaoke with DJ PK, 9 p.m. the first and third Fridays of the month (except for March 15)
• Polka and button box, 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Fridays of the month
Grace United Church of Christ, 902 Lincoln Ave., will hold Lenten crab cake dinners 5-7 p.m. March 15, 22 and 29.
• Registration begins for new baby lapsit program (for ages 3 months to 1 year), to be held 10 a.m. April 2 and 9 at Northampton Area Public Library, 1615 Laubach Ave. Information and registration (required): 610-262-7537
• Registration begins for life-size games event (for teens), to be held 3 p.m. April 10 at Northampton Area Public Library, 1615 Laubach Ave. Information and registration (required): 610-262-7537
• Ladies Bible study, 10:30 a.m., at Emmanuel’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, 3175 Valley View Drive, Moore Township. Information: 610-837-1741
Bunco night at the Biery House, 8 Race St., sponsored by Historic Catasauqua Preservation Association, will be held 7 p.m. March 8.
There is a cost. The event is BYOB. Prizes and light refreshments will be available.
Parking is at the Deily Coal Yard, 5 Union St.
For pricing and more information, call 610-264-9716.
Blocker’s Coffeehouse, 309 Front St., is hosting a Celtic sing-along with Celtic United and Police Chief Doug Kish providing vocals. The event is 5-8:30 p.m. March 10.
There is a cost. Food and beer will be served.
Grace United Church of Christ, 902 Lincoln Ave., will hold Lenten crab cake dinners 5-7 p.m. March 8, 15, 22 and 29.
Dinners include a baked potato, cole slaw, roll and butter, dessert and a beverage. Chicken finger dinners will also be available for adults and children.
Tickets can be purchased at the door. Takeout is available.
For more information, call 610-262-7186.
Northampton AARP Chapter 3915 will meet March 13 at Northampton Banquet & Event Center, 1601 Laubach Ave. Doors open 11 a.m.
Members of Woman’s Club of Whitehall Township are resuming their meetings, starting March 11, at Faith Evangelical Lutheran Church, 3355 MacArthur Road. A pizza party is planned for 6 p.m., with entertainment by Rob Ballonoff.
Members are reminded the Snack Pack Pals donation for this month is individual cereal boxes.
Whitehall Lions Club will have a basket social 9 a.m.-2 p.m., with the prize drawing and pickup 2-4 p.m., March 30 at Faith Evangelical Lutheran Church. Food, bottled water and soda will be available for purchase.
With the kickoff of Coplay Borough’s 150th anniversary less than a month away, plans are being finalized for other celebratory events. The committee meets 7 p.m. March 7 and 21 at borough hall, 98 S. Fourth St.
There is a gala scheduled for April 6 at the American Club of Coplay pavilion, 300 Cherry St., as the opening event. Tickets are now available at the borough office.
Lion or lamb? The weather doesn’t matter when you’re inside the library for storytime with Miss Veronica. Storytime will be 11 a.m. March 7, 14, 21 and 28.
Children of all ages, especially those who are in preschool or home-schooled, will enjoy the companionship of other children and benefit from listening to someone read to them.
No preregistration is required.
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with our free movie Saturday, set for March 16. Starting 11:30 a.m., we will be showing “The Gnome-Mobile.” “Leap Year’’ will begin 1:30 p.m.
Nazareth has been the home to many local cement companies, which provided employment for numerous area residents. A neighbor to the old Nazareth and Lone Star cement companies was the Nazareth Fairgrounds, site of the former Nazareth Speedway.
The old track was purchased by Mr. David Jaindl, who intends to develop the site. This writer and many Lehigh Valley race fans attended many of the races. Years ago, I researched the site and actually purchased tickets to view the races. Guess it’s hard for some of my readers to believe!
• Half-price sale, during regular business hours, at Catasauqua Community Thrift Shop, 113 Bridge St. The sale will continue until March 16.
• Fat Tuesday pancake supper, 5-7 p.m., in the parish hall of St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church, 1900 Pennsylvania Ave., Allentown
• Moorestown Garden Club meeting, 7 p.m., at Salem United Church of Christ, 2218 Community Drive, Moore Township. Information: 610-759-1652