· Duplicate Bridge, Invitational – 12:30 p.m., Lehigh County Senior Citizens Center, 1633 Elm St., Allentown. For players with 0-199 master points. Information: 610-437-3700.
· Delaware, Lehigh & Susquehanna Model Railroad Club meeting – 7-9 p.m., Coplay Borough Hall, Fourth and Center streets. Open to all model railroaders ages 14 and older. Information: Dick Lobach at 610-965-2598.
· Zumba classes – 7-8 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday night, Faith Lutheran Church, Hokendauqua. Information: Tara at 610-440-2344.
The Coplay Borough Zoning Board will meet at 6 p.m. in the borough hall, 98 South Fourth St., Coplay.
A group of bikers stops at the Jesse Reed Memorial Bench site along the Ironton Rail-Trail in Hokendauqua during a recent event to raise money for Hokendauqua resident Adam Keys, who lost three limbs while serving with the Army in Afghanistan. A total of 220 bikers from Tunnel Towers Foundation in Staten Island, N.Y., and Warriors Watch, Lehigh Valley Chapter, staged at the Egypt Memorial Park for a 55-mile run and other daylong events. The foundation plans to build Keyes "a smart home," for which Keyes will later select the location.
Eileen Abruzzi, of Whitehall, looks over the beautiful decorative holiday ornaments made by crafter Barbara Pengitore, of Northampton, during the holiday craft and vendor fair Oct. 20 at St. John's United Church of Christ Howertown. A tricky tray raffle was also held. The kitchen was open throughout the fair.
Coplay will hold a "public" committee meeting tonight, Thursday, Oct. 25.
"I want to have this thing at least advertised enough that I don't get caught in a Sunshine Act violation," Councilman Bill Leiner Jr. told The Press Sunday.
He asked that a meeting of the insurance and health committee be listed in the "Happenings" section of the Whitehall-Coplay Press.
Whitehall discovered America last Wednesday.
"Discovering America" was the theme of Whitehall Township's 2013 Fall Festival Parade Oct. 11. It took place along a 1.6-mile route that passed through First Avenue in West Catasauqua and Third Street, Fullerton, before ending at the Fullerton Memorial Playground off Jefferson Street.
The Coplay-Whitehall Sewer Authority meets at 7:30 p.m. in the public meeting room of the Coplay-Whitehall Sewer Authority, 3213 MacArthur Road.
Coplay Borough Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. at the borough municipal building, 98 S. Fourth St.
The following Whitehall-Coplay School Board will hold committee meetings – Education/Student Activities Committee 4 p.m.; Operations/Transportation Committee, 5:30 p.m.; Finance/Personnel committee, 6:45 p.m. Meetings are held in the WCSD Administration Building, 2940 MacArthur Road.
· A motor vehicle accident with injuries and spill on Schadt Avenue between Michael Drive and Bellview Drive brought out Station 37, 8:55 a.m.
· Stations 36 and 40 responded to a motor vehicle accident with injuries and rescue on Route 22 westbound at MacArthur Road, 9:47 p.m.
· A motor vehicle accident southbound on MacArthur Road at the Route 22 eastbound off ramp brought out Stations 35 and 36, 11:09 p.m.
· Stations 35 and 36 responded to a motor vehicle accident with one car into another parked car in front of 830 Fifth St., 6:48 a.m.
Scrumptious sweets converged in competition at Fellowship Community's first-ever Cupcake War event.
Inspired by the hit Food Network series, the Cupcake War was organized as a fun event for the employees, giving them an opportunity to reveal their hidden talents and win cash prizes.
The contest featured two separate competitions allowing staff to showcase both their design creativity and talent for taste. In addition to the judged contests, a Cupcake Bake Sale was organized as a fundraiser for the Employee Perks Fund.
Photos from the Haunted Hayride held annually in October to benefit the Whitehall Fire Department.