· Station 39 responded to a motor vehicle accident with a car over the embankment near 1440 S. Church St., 5:30 p.m.
· Station 37 recalled to assist police at 2642 Sean Drive to gain access to a resident who was ill, 7:20 p.m.
· Stations 36 and 37 responded to a smoke detector alarm at 443 Fifth St., set off by steam, 9:54 a.m.
· All stations attended the fall festival parade and assisted with lineup, 7 p.m.
· Station 38...
We are getting geared up for the excitement! The annual fall craft fair and quilt sale will be held at Faith Lutheran Church, 3355 MacArthur Road, on Saturday, Nov. 10, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The sanctuary will be filled with many beautiful Mennonite quilts crafted by ladies from the Kutztown and Fleetwood areas. They will be on display for viewing and are also for sale.
More than 100 craft tables are registered. Homemade baked goods and refreshments will be available. There...
The Coplay Borough Zoning Board will meet at 6 p.m. in the borough hall, 98 South Fourth St., Coplay.
The Northampton Press placed first in the "publications regularly edited by entrant" category in the 2012 National Federation of Press Women communications contest.
"A publisher of mine once told me, 'I'd rather be a strong weekly than a weak daily,'" wrote one of the contest judges. "The Northampton Press is a strong weekly with solid editing, writing, photography and design content going on with a clear sense of purpose. It is a newspaper that seeks to keep pushing on its coverage...
· Duplicate Bridge, Invitational – 12:30 p.m., Lehigh County Senior Citizens Center, 1633 Elm St., Allentown. For players with 0-199 master points. Information: 610-437-3700.
· Delaware, Lehigh & Susquehanna Model Railroad Club meeting – 7-9 p.m., Coplay Borough Hall, Fourth and Center streets. Open to all model railroaders ages 14 and older. Information: Dick Lobach at 610-965-2598.
· Zumba classes – 7-8 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday night, Faith...
Northampton police responded to these and other calls recently.
· A report of a man shattering a side entry door brought officers to the PNC Bank, 2102 Main St.
· Police responded to a report of a GPS and cologne stolen from a vehicle in the 400 block of East Seventh Street.
· Officers were called to the CVS Pharmacy, 29 W. 21st St., to investigate a report of a man who stole a Halloween mask and several bags of candy.
In 1907, Samuel Adams wrote about the right to vote.
"Let each citizen remember at the moment he is offering his vote that he is not making a present or a compliment to please an individual – or at least that he ought not so to do; but that he is executing one of the most solemn trusts in human society for which he is accountable to God and his country."
When State Rep. Daryl Metcalf, R-12th, Butler County, decided to introduce legislation to require voter identification in...
Volunteers are needed for the Delaware & Lehigh Heritage Marathon and Half-Marathon on Nov. 4.
The race begins at 8 a.m. at Atlas Park in Northampton; runners must finish their race no later then 2 p.m.
The races are run on 26 miles of the D&L Trail between Northampton and Lehigh Gap.
Volunteers are needed to set up and tear down the start and finish areas, register runners, distribute race packets, staff water stops, serve as course marshals and provide other...
Eileen Abruzzi, of Whitehall, looks over the beautiful decorative holiday ornaments made by crafter Barbara Pengitore, of Northampton, during the holiday craft and vendor fair Oct. 20 at St. John's United Church of Christ Howertown. A tricky tray raffle was also held. The kitchen was open throughout the fair.
Ironton Rail-Trail Oversight Commissioners Ray Bieak, left, and Bob Abbott serve as guides and point to the Saylor Cement Kilns in Coplay during a recent walking tour of historic landmarks along the trail. The group visited 23 historical sites and markers and learned about the history of Whitehall Township and Coplay Borough.