· A motor vehicle accident involving three cars on MacArthur Road and Center Street brought out Stations 35 and 38, 1:30 p.m.
· A motor vehicle accident with a pedestrian struck at the Lehigh Valley Mall, Lot O, brought out Station 36, 11:32 a.m.
· Stations 36, 37 and 38 responded to a waterflow alarm at the Bye Bye Baby store, Whitehall Mall, when the sprinkler alarm was activated when the Inspectors Test was accidentally turned on, 12:24 p.m....
A new chapter in local history unfolded last week when the Whitehall Area Chamber of Commerce officially opened its new office and visitors center.
A ribbon cutting took place July 31 at the site in front of the Lehigh Valley Mall off MacArthur Road and Route 22, one of the most visible locations in the region.
An overflow crowd of dignitaries, chamber members and officers, politicians, mall personnel and the public packed the chamber's new home for the celebration.
Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Police were called to the 100 block of Front Street to investigate a report of a disorderly juvenile.
· Officers responded to a report of a suspicious man in the 800 block of Chapel Street.
· A report of a loose dog brought police to the 600 block of Green Street.
· Police were called to the 1100 block of Howertown Road to investigate a motor vehicle crash.
Assumption BVM Church will hold its annual picnic Sunday, Sept. 9, at Egypt Memorial Park.
The event begins with a Mass in the pavilion at 11 a.m.
Entertainment will be provided by the Emil Schanta Band beginning at 3 p.m.
Games, food and plenty of other activities will continue until 7 p.m.
Did you know that the Northampton Area Public Library presents an exclusive screening of unique movies free of charge? One more movie is scheduled for the summer on...
Monday began with splitting the campers into three groups and rotating between a game of knockout and a few games of jailbreak.
When it got too hot outside, we headed indoors to cool off and do the craft of the week. We decorated sunglasses to use for the upcoming field trip to Camelbeach Mountain Waterpark.
The campers used stickers, duct tape, pipe cleaners and markers to draw creative designs on the sunglasses. Many of the campers made goofy glasses while others designed...
Everyone, mark your calendar so you remember the date of the St. John the Baptist Church picnic this year.
The picnic will be held on the church grounds, located at Ruch and Chestnut streets, Sunday, Sept. 2. This event is always a fun time to see neighbors and friends.
More details to follow.
Musikfest continues through this weekend in Bethlehem.
You will find a huge number of free musical performances to attend. Be entertained by the talented...
Only six months after being appointed to Coplay Borough Council, Marvin Mann is resigning.
Mann was appointed to council Feb. 14 by a 5-1 vote with Councilman Bill Leiner Jr. dissenting. Mann was to serve until the end of 2013, running for election if he wished to retain the seat longer.
At Monday's workshop meeting, council acknowledged receipt of a letter from Mann stating his intention to resign for personal reasons.
Council plans to vote to accept his resignation at...
St. John's United Church of Christ will hold basket bingo on Friday, Sept. 14.
Doors open at 6 p.m. and bingo begins at 7 p.m. Food will be available.
Purchase your tickets in advance by calling the church office at 610-264-8421.
Also, the church will hold its annual craft fair in October. More information to follow in a future column, but crafters are needed.
If interested, call the church office.
My e-mail address is lhahn775verizon.net if...
Backtrackers 4-H Horse & Pony Club members recently made mop ponies to exhibit at the 2012 Northampton County 4-H Fair on Aug. 10-12.
For more information about Backtrackers 4-H Horse & Pony Club, call Janice Martin at 610-837-7294. For more information about 4-H in general or this year's fair, call the Northampton County 4-H offices at 610-746-1970.
North Catasauqua police responded to these and other calls recently.
· Officers responded to a burglar alarm in the 1200 block of Fifth Street.
· Police investigated a complaint about weeds in the 1000 block of Fourth Street.
· Officers assisted the Catasauqua Police Department in the 200 block of Mulberry Street.
· Officers assisted EMS in the 1400 block of Main Street.
· Officers assisted the Catasauqua Police Department in...